[openstack-dev] [murano] Murano code flow for custom development and combining murano with horizon in devstack

Sumanth Sathyanarayana sumanth.sathyanarayana at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 15:23:41 UTC 2015

Thanks Kirill.

Would adding "[murano]” to the subject line suffice or pls let me know if
there is a separate mailing list for murano?

Let me try to clarify what I am asking over here.
So we have all these panels - 'Compute', 'Network', etc on Horizon
dashboard.
If I add another panel like 'Example1' in Horizon by changing the code of
openstack-dashboard inside horizon, it gets added. Similarly if I change
the code of murano-dashboard and add another panel 'Example2' it gets added
as a separate panel. Now, assuming I have some changes in Horizon's
openstack-dashboard(i.e. example 1) and some changes in
murano-dashboard(i.e. example2) is there a way of combining them into one
panel i.e. say along with Compute, Network, etc panels I have something
like a Murano panel under which both the changes of Horizon's
openstack-dashboard(example1 - subpanel) and murano-dashboard(example2 -
subpanel) be incorporated.

Would a simple copy paste of say all the changes in Horizon's
openstack-dashboard to murano-dashboard work or is there a better way of
handling it.  Is murano-dashboard and openstack-dashboard code flow similar
with all the different files like 'tables.py', 'form.py', 'views.py', etc?
Does murano have a tutorial page something similar to this -
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/tutorial.html

Thanks & Best Regards
Sumanth