[openstack-dev] [nova] Liberty and Nova Specs, Blueprints and Design Summit for Mitaka

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Mon Sep 28 11:51:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

A quick update on where we are at.

Liberty
---------

Its time to give RC1 an good test.

We need to keep our eyes out for release blockers, using this tag:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=liberty-rc-potential

We will need an new tag on or after 8th October, to include translation updates.

Mitaka
---------

If you had something approved in Liberty, it needs to be re-approved for Mitaka.
(We spoke at length about the pros and cons of alternatives at the
midcylce, see etherpad).

Lets try get most specs *merged* before the summit.
And most spec-less blueprints approved too.
Stuff we can't agree on, can then try to get time at the summit.

To help set the priority of spec reviews, we are trying to categories
the specs and blueprints in this etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-spec-review-tracking

Note: please also put any specless blueprints into the above etherpad,
so they can get reviewed by nova-drivers, so we can vote on them at
the next Nova meeting.

Design Summit
----------------------

For things that can't be agreed in a spec, and/or needs in person
discussion, please do submit a summit session here:
http://goo.gl/forms/D2Qk8XGhZ6

If that does work for you, please see:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-summit-suggestions

The deadline for proposals will likely be Tuesday 6th October, 23.59
UTC, so we can have a draft ready by Thursday 8th October, and get
everything set in stone before Thursday 16th October.

I suspect I forgot something important... As usual, do catch me via
email or IRC if there are any questions.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy