[openstack-dev] [all] Consistent support for SSL termination proxies across all API services

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Sep 28 09:01:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 23 2015, Julien Danjou wrote:

[…]

> I'm willing to clear that out and come with specs and patches if that
> can help. :)

Following-up on myself, I went ahead and I wrote a more complete version
of the current proxy middleware we have – which also supports RFC7239:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/227868/

With that in place, having a proxy (SSL or not) correctly configured in
front of any WSGI application should be completely transparent for the
application, with no need of additional configuration.

If that suits everyone, I'll then propose deprecation of the
oslo_middleware.ssl middleware in favor of this one.

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker