[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][devstack] Pika RabbitMQ driver implementation

Dmitriy Ukhlov dukhlov at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 25 20:21:05 UTC 2015

Hello Joshua, thank you for your feedback.

This will end up on review.openstack.org right so that it can be properly
> reviewed (it will likely take a while since it looks to be ~1000+ lines of
> code)?

Yes, sure I will send this patch to  review.openstack.org, but first of all
I need to get merged devstack patch (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/226348/).
Then I will add gate jobs with testing new driver using devstack. And the
will send pika driver patch to review.

Also suggestion, before that merges, can docs be added, seems like very
> little docstrings about what/why/how. For sustainability purposes that
> would be appreciated I think.

Ok. Will add.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:

> Also a side question, that someone might know,
>
> Whatever happened to the folks from rabbitmq (incorporated? pivotal?) who
> were going to get involved in oslo.messaging, did that ever happen; if
> anyone knows?
>
> They might be a good bunch of people to review such a pika driver (since I
> think they as a corporation created pika?).
>
> Dmitriy Ukhlov wrote:
>
>> Hello stackers,
>>
>> I'm working on new olso.messaging RabbitMQ driver implementation which
>> uses pika client library instead of kombu. It related to
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+spec/rabbit-pika.
>> In this letter I want to share current results and probably get first
>> feedack from you.
>> Now code is availabe here:
>>
>> https://github.com/dukhlov/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/_drivers/impl_pika.py
>>
>> Current status of this code:
>> - pika driver passes functional tests
>> - pika driver tempest smoke tests
>> - pika driver passes almost all tempest full tests (except 5) but it
>> seems that reason is not related to oslo.messaging
>> Also I created small devstack patch to support pika driver testing on
>> gate (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/226348/)
>>
>> Next steps:
>> - communicate with Manish (blueprint owner)
>> - write spec to this blueprint
>> - send a review with this patch when spec and devstack patch get merged.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Dmitriy Ukhlov