[openstack-dev] [Heat] Assumptions regarding extensions to OpenStack api's

Pratik Mallya Pratik.Mallya at rackspace.com
Fri Sep 25 19:32:35 UTC 2015

Hello Heat Team,

I was wondering if OpenStack Heat assumes that the Nova extensions api would always exist in a cloud? My impression was that since these features are extensions, they may or may not be implemented by the cloud provider and hence Heat must not rely on it being present.

My question is prompted by this code change: [0] where it is assumed that the os-interfaces extension [1] is implemented.

If we cannot rely on that assumption, then that code would need to be changed with a 404 guard since that endpoint may not exist and the nova client may thus raise a 404.

Thanks,
Pratik Mallya
Software Developer
Rackspace, Inc.