[openstack-dev] [TripleO] tripleo.org theme

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Sep 25 17:31:50 UTC 2015

On 09/25/2015 07:34 AM, Dan Prince wrote:
> It has come to my attention that we aren't making great use of our
> tripleo.org domain. One thing that would be useful would be to have the
> new tripleo-docs content displayed there. It would also be nice to have
> quick links to some of our useful resources, perhaps Derek's CI report
> [1], a custom Reviewday page for TripleO reviews (something like this
> [2]), and perhaps other links too. I'm thinking these go in the header,
> and not just on some random TripleO docs page. Or perhaps both places.

Note that there's a TripleO Inbox Dashboard linked toward the bottom of
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO#Review_team (It should probably
be higher up than that, since it's incredibly useful).  This is actually
what I use for tracking TripleO reviews, and would be a simple thing to
start with for this.

+1 to everything else.

> I was thinking that instead of the normal OpenStack theme however we
> could go a bit off the beaten path and do our own TripleO theme.
> Basically a custom tripleosphinx project that we ninja in as a
> replacement for oslosphinx.
>
> Could get our own mascot... or do something silly with words. I'm
> reaching out to graphics artists who could help with this sort of
> thing... but before that decision is made I wanted to ask about
> thoughts on the matter here first.

I like the mascot/logo idea.  Not sure why we would want to deviate from
the standard OpenStack docs theme though.  What is your motivation for
suggesting that?

Also, if we get a mascot I want t-shirts. ;-)