[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][devstack] Pika RabbitMQ driver implementation

Dmitriy Ukhlov dukhlov at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 25 12:33:41 UTC 2015

Hello stackers,

I'm working on new olso.messaging RabbitMQ driver implementation which uses
pika client library instead of kombu. It related to
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+spec/rabbit-pika.
In this letter I want to share current results and probably get first
feedack from you.
Now code is availabe here:
https://github.com/dukhlov/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/_drivers/impl_pika.py

Current status of this code:
- pika driver passes functional tests
- pika driver tempest smoke tests
- pika driver passes almost all tempest full tests (except 5) but it seems
that reason is not related to oslo.messaging
Also I created small devstack patch to support pika driver testing on gate (
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/226348/)

Next steps:
- communicate with Manish (blueprint owner)
- write spec to this blueprint
- send a review with this patch when spec and devstack patch get merged.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy Ukhlov