[openstack-dev] [puppet] need help understanding specific puppet logs in openstack installation

Rahul Sharma rahulsharmaait at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 05:44:42 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am trying the RDO installation of Openstack using puppet. It works fine
when I puppetize my controller node for the first time after fresh
installation of OS. There are no errors thrown at terminal during the
installation. However, if I try to rerun the puppet agent, it configures
something additional this time which is not configured during the first
run. Mentioned below are the logs it prints to terminal:-

Notice: /File[/etc/sysconfig/iptables]/seluser: seluser changed
'unconfined_u' to 'system_u'
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Neutron::Agents::Ml2::Ovs/Service[ovs-cleanup-service]/enable:
enable changed 'false' to 'true'
Notice:
/Stage[main]/Neutron::Agents::Ml2::Ovs/Neutron::Plugins::Ovs::Bridge[physext1:br-ex]/Vs_bridge[br-ex]/external_ids:
external_ids changed '' to 'bridge-id=br-ex'
Notice: /Stage[main]/Quickstack::Neutron::Controller/Exec[neutron-db-manage
upgrade]/returns: executed successfully
Notice: Finished catalog run in 36.61 seconds

>From these logs, I am unable to figure out which of the parameters were not
configured when it was run for the first time so that I can try fixing them
in the script itself. I want to avoid the dependency of running puppet
multiple times. Looking at the *.conf files on the controller node doesn't
help much.

Can someone please help me out in understanding what the above mentioned
logs point to? Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks.

*Rahul Sharma*
*MS in Computer Science, 2016*
College of Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
Mobile:  801-706-7860
Email: rahulsharmaait at gmail.com
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/rahulsharmaait