[openstack-dev] [Ironic] New dhcp provider using isc-dhcp-server

Shraddha Pandhe spandhe.openstack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:19:57 UTC 2015

Hi Ionut,

I am working on a similar effort: Adding driver for neutron-dhcp-agent [1]
& [2]. Is it similar to what you are trying to do? My approach doesn't need
any extra database. There are two ways to achieve HA in my case:

1. Run multiple neutron-dhcp-agents and set agents_per_network >1 so more
than one dhcp servers will have the config needed to serve the dhcp request
2. ISC-DHCPD itself has some HA where you can setup peers. But I haven't
tried that yet.

I have this driver fully implemented and working here at Yahoo!. Working on
making it more generic and upstreaming it. Please let me know if this
effort is similar so that we can consider working together on a single
effort.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/212836/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1464793