[openstack-dev] [puppet] use zuul-cloner when running rspec

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 24 21:16:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-24 14:39:49 -0500 (-0500), Alex Schultz wrote:
[...]
> Being able to run tests without internet connectivity is important to
> some people so I want to make sure that can continue without having to
> break the process mid-cycle to try and inject a workaround. It would
> better if we could have a workaround upfront. For example make a
> Puppetfile location an environment variable and if not defined pull
> down the puppet-openstack-integration one?  I wish there was a better
> dependency resolution method that just pulling everything down from
> the internets.  I just know that doesn't work everywhere.

To build on Clark's response, THIS is basically why we use tools
like zuul-cloner. In our CI we're attempting to minimize or even
eliminate network use during tests, and so zuul-cloner leverages
local caches and is sufficiently flexible to obtain the repositories
in question from anywhere you want (which could also just be to
always use your locally cached/modified copy and never hit the
network at all). Pass it whatever Git repository URLs you want,
including file:///some/thing.git if that's your preference.
--
Jeremy Stanley