[openstack-dev] [neutron + ovn] Does neutron ovn plugin support to setup multiple neutron networks for one container?

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 16:04:23 UTC 2015

On 09/24/2015 10:37 AM, WANG, Ming Hao (Tony T) wrote:
> Russell,
>
> Thanks for your detail explanation and kind help!
> I have understand how container in VM can acquire network interfaces in different neutron networks now.
> For the connections between compute nodes, I think I need to study Geneve protocol and VTEP first.
> Any further question, I may need to continue consulting you. :-)

OVN uses Geneve in conceptually the same way as to how the Neutron
reference implementation (ML2+OVS) uses VxLAN to create overlay networks
among the compute nodes for tenant overlay networks.

VTEP gateways or provider networks come into play when you want to
connect these overlay networks to physical, or "underlay" networks.

Hope that helps,

--
Russell Bryant