[openstack-dev] [Ironic] New dhcp provider using isc-dhcp-server

Ionut Balutoiu ibalutoiu at cloudbasesolutions.com
Thu Sep 24 15:38:39 UTC 2015

Hello, guys!

I'm starting a new implementation for a dhcp provider,
mainly to be used for Ironic standalone. I'm planning to
push it upstream. I'm using isc-dhcp-server service from
Linux. So, when an Ironic node is started, the ironic-conductor
writes in the config file the MAC-IP reservation for that node and
reloads dhcp service. I'm using a SQL database as a backend to store
the dhcp reservations (I think is cleaner and it should allow us
to have more than one DHCP server). What do you think about my
implementation ?
Also, I'm not sure how can I scale this out to provide HA/failover.
Do you guys have any idea ?

Regards,
Ionut Balutoiu