[openstack-dev] Election tools work session in Tokyo

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Sep 23 09:41:24 UTC 2015

Tony Breeds wrote:
> Hi All,
>     As most of you will have seen we used a gerrit based workflow for this PTL
> election (and will use the same system for the upcoming TC election).
>
> As a trial it went well, Tristan and I wrote a few tools to help the process
> along.  However I'd like to take advantage of a work session in Tokyo to get a
> few interested parties together to enhance the system before the N release.
>
> To be fair, not of this *requires* people to be in a room together but the
> momentum would be helpful.
>
> What is the process for requesting a room?
>
> Once we have a room it'd be good to work through what we want the 'N' election
> season to work like so that we can start implementing that.
>
> Thoughts?

This is a bit cross-project, so the natural fit would be a cross-project
workshop, which you can suggest at http://odsreg.openstack.org (see
Flavio's recent email on that). It's a bit specific though, so I'm not
sure it will be approved for a full session.

Alternatively that could fit in a infra work session, you may want to
suggest it there (not sure if they have opened an etherpad for session
suggestion yet).

Otherwise we could also discuss it as part of the Infra/QA/RelMgt
contributors meetup on Friday.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)