[openstack-dev] [networking-ovn] Neutron-DVR feature on OVN/L3

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 19:48:51 UTC 2015

On 09/22/2015 02:35 PM, Carl Baldwin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
>> The Neutron L3 agent is only used with networking-ovn temporarily while
>> we work through the L3 design and implementation in OVN itself.  OVN
>> will not use the L3 agent (or DVR) quite soon.  Some initial L3 design
>> notes are being discussed on the ovs dev list now.  L3 in OVN will be
>> distributed.
>
> I'm curious when this is true, what models will be supported?  Will it
> use NAT as current Neutron reference implementation?

Good questions.  We're aiming to have at least some initial L3 support
available by the Tokyo summit.  That will be distributed, but likely
won't include NAT at all.  Someone is working on figuring out the best
way to support NAT natively in OVS, and then we'll be using that.

Similar to the way we're doing security groups, NAT will be using the
new ovs conntrack integration, but details TBD.

I copied Ben Pfaff in case he wants to provide some more insight.

--
Russell Bryant