[openstack-dev] [Neutron] ImportError: cannot import name access

John Kasperski jckasper at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 22 19:14:06 UTC 2015

Ran in this same situation a week or two ago.   I updated to the latest
code from the icehouse-eol branch and then pinned the client libraries
to an earlier release level.   After that, tox ran fine.  The version
levels that I pinned are:

   python-neutronclient==2.3.4
   python-keystoneclient==0.9.0
   python-novaclient==2.17.0

Other versions would probably have also worked, but those versions
matched what we were already using for icehouse.

John

On 09/22/2015 01:53 PM, Wojciech Dec wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to run using tox some unit tests on the latest Neutron
> stable/icehouse, and things pretty much grind to a halt with a series
> of errors arounf "cannot import name access:
>
>   File
> "/Users/wdec/Downloads/openstack/neutron/.tox/py27/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keystoneclient/__init__.py",
> line 27, in <module>
>     from keystoneclient import access
> ImportError: cannot import name access
>
> Any suggestions on a possible fix?