[openstack-dev] [networking-ovn] Neutron-DVR feature on OVN/L3

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 16:42:55 UTC 2015

On 09/21/2015 04:47 PM, Sisir Chowdhury wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>     I have some proposal regarding ovn-networking project within Open-Stack.
>
> #1.   Making Neutron-DVR feature intelligent enough so that we can
> completely remove Network Node(NN).
>
>         Right now even with DVR, the egress traffic originated from VMs
> going outbound are SNAT'ed by the
>         Network Node but the Ingrerss traffic coming from Internet to
> the VMs are directly going through the
>         Compute Node and DNAT'ed by the L3 Agent of the Compute Node.
>
> Any Thoughts/Comments ?

The Neutron L3 agent is only used with networking-ovn temporarily while
we work through the L3 design and implementation in OVN itself.  OVN
will not use the L3 agent (or DVR) quite soon.  Some initial L3 design
notes are being discussed on the ovs dev list now.  L3 in OVN will be
distributed.

--
Russell Bryant