[openstack-dev] [openstack-operators][tc][tags] Rally tags

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Sep 21 08:14:56 UTC 2015

Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> I have few ideas about the rally tags:
>
> - covered-by-rally
>    It means that there are official (inside the rally repo) plugins for
> testing of particular project
>
> - has-rally-gates
>    It means that Rally is run against every patch proposed to the project
>
> - certified-by-rally [wip]
>    As well we are starting working on certification
> task: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225176/5
>    which will be the standard way to check whatever cloud is ready for
> production based on volume, performance & scale testing.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Boris,

The "next-tags" workgroup at the Technical Committee came up with a
number of families where I think your proposed tags could fit:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-July/070651.html

The "integration" family of tags defines cross-project support. We want
to have tags that say that a specific service has a horizon dashboard
plugin, or a devstack integration, or heat templates... So I would say
that the "covered-by-rally" tag could be part of that family
('integration:rally' maybe ?). We haven't defined our first tag in that
family yet: sdague was working on the devstack ones[1] as a template for
the family but that effort stalled a bit:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/203785/

As far as the 'has-rally-gates' tag goes, that would be part of the 'QA'
family ("qa:has-rally-gates" for example).

So I think those totally make sense as upstream-maintained tags and are
perfectly aligned with the families we already had in mind but haven't
had time to push yet. Feel free to propose those tags to the governance
repository. An example of such submission lives at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/207467/

The 'certified-by-rally' tag is a bit farther away I think (less
objective and needs your certification program to be set up first). You
should start with the other two.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)