[openstack-dev] openstack-dahboard directory is not created

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 06:54:53 UTC 2015

On 18/09/15 20:03, OpenStack Mailing List Archive wrote:
> Link: https://openstack.nimeyo.com/59453/?show=59453#q59453
> From: vidya <niveeya at gmail.com>
>
> I am trying to create openstack -dashboard on my VM and
> /usr/share/openstack-dashboard in not create. Please help me what i am
> missing here.
>
> here is what i tried
> 1 yum install openstack-selinux
> 2 yum install yum-plugin-priorities
> 3 yum install
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-5.noarch.rpm
> 4 yum install openstack-dashboard httpd mod_wsgi memcached python-memcached
> 5 yum install python-pip
> 6 yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'
> 7 yum install python-devel
> 8 yum install libffi-devel
> 9 yum install openssl-devel
> 10 pip install dep/horizon-2014.1.1.tar.gz
> 11 yum install openstack-dashboard
> 12 yum upgrade
> 13 reboot
> 14 history
> 15 yum install openstack-dashboard
> 16 pip install horizon-2014.1.1.tar.gz

Ugh,

you're mixing pip install and yum install.

For a distro, I recommend to use distro packages. We're not providing
horizon packages on pypi (and if we do, they are outdated).

horizon-2014.1.1.tar.gz is a good year old. If you're *really* looking
for installing that version, I'd suggest you to go with horizon-2014.1.4
(or later instead).

You can get a more recent version of horizon (and OpenStack) from
https://www.rdoproject.org

After following repo install instructions at
https://www.rdoproject.org/Quickstart
you can do yum install openstack-dashboard

Matthias