[openstack-dev] [magnum] Associating patches with bugs/bps (Please don't hurt me)

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Fri Sep 18 23:01:21 UTC 2015

For the guidance, I saw the judgement is a bit subjective. It could happen that a contributor think his/her patch is trivial (or it is not fixing a function defect), but a reviewer think the opposite. For example, I find it hard to judge when I reviewed the following patches:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/224183/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/224198/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/224184/

It could be helpful if the guide can provide some examples of what is a trivial patch, and what is not. OpenStack uses this approach to define what is a good/bad commit message, which I find it quite helpful.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages#Examples_of_bad_practice
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages#Examples_of_good_practice

Best regards,
Hongbin