[openstack-dev] [nova] live migration in Mitaka

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) pmurray at hpe.com
Fri Sep 18 11:53:05 UTC 2015

Hi All,

There are various efforts going on around live migration at the moment: fixing up CI, bug fixes, additions to cover more corner cases, proposals for new operations....

Generally live migration could do with a little TLC (see: [1]), so I am going to suggest we give some of that care in the next cycle.

Please respond to this post if you have an interest in this and what you would like to see done. Include anything you are already getting on with so we get a clear picture. If there is enough interest I'll put this together as a proposal for a work stream. Something along the lines of "robustify live migration".

Paul

[1]: https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/summit-videos/presentation/live-migration-at-hp-public-cloud

Paul Murray
Nova Technical Lead, HP Cloud
+44 117 316 2527

Hewlett-Packard Limited   |   Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN   |    Registered No: 690597 England   |    VAT Number: GB 314 1496 79

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient) please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.  If you are receiving this message internally within the Hewlett Packard group of companies, you should consider the contents "CONFIDENTIAL".