[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Separate floating IP pools?

Clark, Robert Graham robert.clark at hp.com
Fri Sep 18 10:55:54 UTC 2015

Is it possible to have separate floating-IP pools and grant a tenant access to only some of them?

Thought popped into my head while looking at the rbac-network spec here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132661/4/specs/liberty/rbac-networks.rst

Creating individual pools, allowing only some tenants access and having off-cloud network ACLs would get part way to satisfying the use cases that drive the above spec (I'm thinking of this as a more short term solution, certainly not a direct alternative).

I'm sure this is answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any direct information so I'm assuming no, it isn't supported but I wonder how much effort would be required to make it work?
-Rob