[openstack-dev] [Nova] Design Summit Topics for Nova

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Sep 18 08:38:15 UTC 2015

On 17 September 2015 at 15:23, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:40:28AM -0700, melanie witt wrote:
>
>> Today I was informed that google forms are blocked in China [1], so I wanted
>> to mention it here so we can consider an alternate way to collect submissions
>> from those who might not be able to access the form.
>
> I'll act as an email to google forms proxy if needed. People that willbe at the
> summit can fill in the temp;ate below.
> (stolen from the google forms)
>
> ---
> Topic Title:
> Topic Description:
> Submitter IRC handle:
> Session leader IRC handle
>  Please note the session leader must be there on the day at the summit. Please
>  just leave this blank if you feel unable to find someone to lead the session.
>
> Link to nova-spec review:
>  Features you want to discuss need to have at least a WIP spec before being
>  considered for the design summit track. Ideally we will merge the spec before
>  the design summit, so a session would not be required.
>
> Link to pre-reading:
>  Before the submission is on the final list, we need to have some background
>  reading for more complex topics, or topics that have had lots of previous
>  discussion, so its easier for everyone to get involved. This could be a wiki
>  page, an etherpad, an ML post, or devref.
> ---

Tony, thanks for taking on the paper work there.

Sorry for the two tier system. Its not intentional.
Let me know if there a China friendly alternative folks are able to
setup for us.

I have started an etherpad as a fallback catch-all system, mostly just
including the above suggestions:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-summit-suggestions

Thanks,
John