[openstack-dev] [ironic] Liberty soft freeze

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Sep 18 01:50:30 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

It's time for our soft freeze for Liberty, as planned. Core reviewers
should do their best to refrain from landing risky code. We'd like to
ship 4.2.0 as the candidate for stable/liberty next Thursday, September
24.

Here's the things we still want to complete in 4.2.0:
https://launchpad.net/ironic/+milestone/4.2.0

Note that zapping is no longer there; sadly, after lots of writing and
reviewing code, we want to rethink how we implement this. We've talked
about being able to go from MANAGEABLE->CLEANING->MANAGEABLE with a list
of clean steps. Same idea, but without the word zapping, the new DB
fields, etc. At any rate, it's been bumped to Mitaka to give us time to
figure it out.

This may also mean in-band RAID configuration may not land; the
interface in general did land, and drivers may do out-of-band
configuration. We assumed that in-band RAID would be done through
zapping. However, if folks can agree on how to do it during automated
cleaning, I'd be happy to get that in Liberty if the code is not too
risky. If it is risky, we'll need to punt it to Mitaka as well.

I'd like to see the rest of the work on the milestone completed during
Liberty, and I hope everyone can jump in and help us to do that.

Thanks in advance!

// jim