[openstack-dev] Apache2 vs uWSGI vs ...

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:48:50 UTC 2015

In the fuel project, we recently ran into a couple of issues with Apache2 +
mod_wsgi as we switched Keystone to run . Please see [1] and [2].

Looking deep into Apache2 issues specifically around "apache2ctl graceful"
and module loading/unloading and the hooks used by mod_wsgi [3]. I started
wondering if Apache2 + mod_wsgi is the "right" solution and if there was
something else better that people are already using.

One data point that keeps coming up is, all the CI jobs use Apache2 +
mod_wsgi so it must be the best solution....Is it? If not, what is?

Thanks,
Dims

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/mos/+bug/1491576
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1493372