[openstack-dev] [all][elections] PTL nomination period is now over

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:15:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Morgan Fainberg's message of 2015-09-17 12:51:33 -0700:
>
> > I think this is all superfluous however and we should simply encourage
> > people to not wait until the last minute. Waiting to see who is
> > running/what the field looks like isn't as important as standing up and
> > saying you're interested in running.
>
> +1
>
> Doug

​My dog ate my homework...
My car wouldn't start...
I couldn't figure out what UTC time was...

The guidelines seemed pretty clear:
Any member of an election electorate can propose their candidacy for the
same election until September 17, 05:59 UTC​

That being said, a big analysis on date/time selection etc doesn't really
seem warranted here or harping on the fact that something 'went wrong'.  I
as a TC member have no problem saying "things happen" and those that have
submitted candidacy albeit late and are unopposed are in.. no muss no
fuss.  I *think* we're all reasonable adults and don't know that anybody
had in mind that the TC would arbitrarily assign somebody that wasn't even
listed as a PTL for one of the mentioned projects.

Moving on,
John