[openstack-dev] [all][elections] PTL nomination period is now over

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Sep 17 15:23:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:05:20AM -0500, Douglas Mendizábal wrote:

> I think someone jumped the gun on this thread.  According to the wiki
> [1] the cutoff time is not until 5:59 UTC, which
> doesn't happen for another few hours. [2]
>
> Am I missing something?

From the wiki[0]:
---
Timeline
September 11 - September 17, 05:59 UTC: Open candidacy for PTL positions
September 18 - September 24: PTL elections
---

The time in UTC is: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
which, at the time of this writing, is: Sept 17th 15:20ish

So the nomination period closed nearly 10 hours ago.

The time-frame to be eligible to vote in the election closes at 5:59am on Sept
18th (UTC)

I hope that clarifies.

Yours Tony.
[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_September_2015#Timeline