[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL Non-Candidacy

John Belamaric jbelamaric at infoblox.com
Thu Sep 17 15:12:56 UTC 2015

Thanks for all your hard work Kyle. Enjoy your more relaxed schedule :)

On Sep 11, 2015, at 5:12 PM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com<mailto:mestery at mestery.com>> wrote:

I'm writing to let everyone know that I do not plan to run for Neutron PTL for a fourth cycle. Being a PTL is a rewarding but difficult job, as Morgan recently put it in his non-candidacy email [1]. But it goes further than that for me. As Flavio put it in his post about "Being a PTL" [2], it's a full time job. In the case of Neutron, it's more than a full time job, it's literally an always on job.

I've tried really hard over my three cycles as PTL to build a stronger web of trust so the project can grow, and I feel that's been accomplished. We have a strong bench of future PTLs and leaders ready to go, I'm excited to watch them lead and help them in anyway I can.

As was said by Zane in a recent email [3], while Heat may have pioneered the concept of rotating PTL duties with each cycle, I'd like to highly encourage Neutron and other projects to do the same. Having a deep bench of leaders supporting each other is important for the future of all projects.

See you all in Tokyo!
Kyle

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/074157.html
[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/073986.html