[openstack-dev] [all][elections] PTL nomination period is now over

Douglas Mendizábal douglas.mendizabal at rackspace.com
Thu Sep 17 15:05:20 UTC 2015

I think someone jumped the gun on this thread.  According to the wiki
[1] the cutoff time is not until 5:59 UTC, which
doesn't happen for another few hours. [2]

Am I missing something?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_September_2015
[2] http://time.is/UTC

Douglas Mendizábal

On 9/17/15 9:50 AM, Anita Kuno wrote:
> On 09/17/2015 08:22 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>

>> On 9/17/2015 8:25 AM, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
>>> PTL Nomination is now over. The official candidate list is
>>> available on the wiki[0].
>>>
>>> There are 5 projects without candidates, so according to this
>>> resolution[1], the TC we'll have to appoint a new PTL for
>>> Barbican, MagnetoDB, Magnum, Murano and Security
>>
>> This is devil's advocate, but why does a project technically
>> need a PTL? Just so that there can be a contact point for
>> cross-project things, i.e. a lightning rod?  There are projects
>> that do a lot of group leadership/delegation/etc, so it doesn't
>> seem that a PTL is technically required in all cases.
>
> I think that is a great question for the TC to consider when they
> evaluate options for action with these projects.
>
> The election officials are fulfilling their obligation according
> to the resolution:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/resolutions/20
141128-elections-process-for-leaderless-programs.rst

If you read the verb there the verb is "can" not "must", I choose
> the verb "can" on purpose for the resolution when I wrote it. The
> TC has the option to select an appointee. The TC can do other
> things as well, should the TC choose.
>
> Thanks, Anita.
>

>>> There are 7 projects that will have an election: Cinder,
>>> Glance, Ironic, Keystone, Mistral, Neutron and Oslo. The
>>> details for those will be posted tomorrow after Tony and I
>>> setup the CIVS system.
>>>
>>> Thank you, Tristan
>>>

>>> [0]:
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_September_2015#Confirm