[openstack-dev] [all][gate] grende jobs failing.

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 17 14:05:18 UTC 2015

On 9/17/2015 7:23 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 06:22:47AM -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> Tony,
>> Looks like the ban is holding up:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/224429/
>
> Sorry yes.  Robert Collins pointed out that my new quicker plan wasn't going to
> work so we went back to the original ban 1.4.1 solution.
>
> It looks like the gate is mostly green again.
>
> If people have grenade jobs that failed, a recheck shoudl fix that.
>
> Thanks to all those that pushed on this to get things going again.
>
> Yours Tony.

As noted in the stable/kilo block on 1.4.1, we're good until we do a
1.4.2 release at which point we either break juno or we break kilo since
they overlap in supported version ranges.

I've asked Tony to push a requirements change on stable/juno and
stable/kilo to add a note next to oslo.utils reminding us of this so we
think twice before breaking it again (we should really make this part of
the openstack/releases review process - to check that the proposed
version change isn't going to show up in a branch that we don't intend
it do).  Because if the proposed release has a g-r sync for branch n and
the version will show up in branch n-1 or n+1, things will likely break.

Hopefully we just don't need an oslo.utils release on juno or kilo
before juno-eol happens.

Matt Riedemann