[openstack-dev] [cinder] LVM snapshot performance issue -- why isn't thin provisioning the default?

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 20:25:18 UTC 2015

On 16 Sep 2015 20:42, "yang, xing" <xing.yang at emc.com> wrote:

> On 9/16/15, 1:20 PM, "Eric Harney" <eharney at redhat.com> wrote:

> >This sounds like a good idea, I'm just not sure how to structure it yet
> >without creating a very confusing set of config options.
>
> I’m thinking we could have a prefix with vendor name for this and it also
> requires documentation by driver maintainers if they are using a different
> config option.  I proposed a topic to discuss about this at the summit.

We already have per-backend config values in cinder.conf. I'm not sure how
the config code will need to be  structured to achieve it, but ideally I'd
like a single config option that can be:

(i) set in the default section if desired
(in) overridden in the per driver section, and (iii) have a default set in
each driver.

I don't think oslo.config lets us do (I'll) yet though.