[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] how to get current memory utilization of an instance

gord chung gord at live.ca
Wed Sep 16 12:18:19 UTC 2015

is this using KVM? there are actually a few requirements[1] to ensure
memory.usage meter works using libvirt:

- libvirt 1.1.1+
- qemu 1.5+
- guest driver that supports memory balloon stats

retagging to ceilometer to get more eyes.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer-specs/blob/master/specs/kilo/libvirt-memory-utilization-inspector.rst#dependencies

cheers,

On 16/09/2015 6:23 AM, Abhishek Talwar wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> I have an OpenStack kilo setup and I am trying to get the memory usage
> of the instances created in it.
>
> I researched and found that ceilometer has a meter called
> "memory.usage" that can give us the memory utilization of an instance.
> However, on doing ceilometer meter-list it does not list
> "memory.usage" as a meter. After searching I found that this problem
> is being faced by many contributors and a possible solution is
> changing nova configurations that does not help.
>
> So can you help me with some other possible solution that can help me
> in finding an instance's current memory utilization. I am working with
> something that would require getting the memory and disk utilization.
>
> Please provide a solution for this.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Abhishek Talwar

> and any attachments. Thank you