[openstack-dev] [oslo.db][sqlalchemy] rollback after commit

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:13:18 UTC 2015

Hi DB experts,

I'm using mysql now and have general log like:

1397 Query SELECT 1

1397 Query SELECT xxxxxxxx

1397 Query UPDATE xxxxxxxx

1397 Query COMMIT

1397 Query ROLLBACK

I found there always is 'SELECT 1' before real queries and 'COMMIT'
and 'ROLLBACK' after. I know 'SELECT 1' is the lowest cost for check
db's availability and 'COMMIT' is for persistence. But why is a
'ROLLBACK' here? Is this 'ROLLBACK' the behaviour of oslo.db or
sqlchemy?

--
Gareth

Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Distributed Storage, Fitness, Basketball
OpenStack contributor, kun_huang at freenode
My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email
from Mar 1 2013, notify me
and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.