[openstack-dev] [fuel][fuel-library] modules managed with librarian round 2

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 15 21:03:02 UTC 2015

Hello!

So after our first round of librarian changes for 7.0, it is time to start
switching to upstream for more changes.  We've had a few updates during the
fuel meetings over the last month[0][1].  I have begun to prepare
additional reviews to move modules.

The current modules available for migration are:

memcached - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217383/
sysctl - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/221945/
staging - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222350/
vcsrepo - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222355/
postgresql - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222368/

Just as an FYI in addition to these modules, I have started work on the
rsyslog module which was a very old version of the module with only a few
minor customizations. Since we leverage the rsyslog module within our
openstack composition layer module, I have also taken some time to put
together a patch[2] with some unit tests for the openstack module in fuel
library since what was there has been disabled[3] for some time and doesn't
function.  The patch[4] with the move to an upstream version of rsyslog is
out there as well if anyone is interested in taking a look. I'm going to do
some additional testing around these two patches to ensure we don't break
any syslog functionality by switching before they should be merged.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/fuel/2015/fuel.2015-08-27-16.00.html