[openstack-dev] [Congress] PTL candidacy

Tim Hinrichs tim at styra.com
Tue Sep 15 20:23:29 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’m writing to announce my candidacy for Congress PTL for the Mitaka
cycle.  I’m excited at the prospect of continuing the development of our
community, our code base, and our integrations with other projects.

This past cycle has been exciting in that we saw several new, consistent
contributors, who actively pushed code, submitted reviews, wrote specs, and
participated in the mid-cycle meet-up.  Additionally, our integration with
the rest of the OpenStack ecosystem improved with our move to running
tempest tests in the gate instead of manually or with our own CI.  The code
base matured as well, as we rounded out some of the features we added near
the end of the Kilo cycle.  We also began making the most significant
architectural change in the project’s history, in an effort meet our
high-availability and API throughput targets.

I’m looking forward to the Mitaka cycle.  My highest priority for the code
base is completing the architectural changes that we began in Liberty.
These changes are undoubtedly the right way forward for production use
cases, but it is equally important that we make Congress easy to use and
understand for both new developers and new end users.  I also plan to
further our integration with the OpenStack ecosystem by better utilizing
the plugin architectures that are available (e.g. devstack and tempest).  I
will also work to begin (or continue) dialogues with other projects that
might benefit from consuming Congress.  Finally I’m excited to continue
working with our newest project members, helping them toward becoming core
contributors.

See you all in Tokyo!
Tim