[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][devstack] New proposed 'default' network model

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue Sep 15 18:57:10 UTC 2015

Most projects let you specify a name, and only force you to use a uuid IFF there is a conflict, leaving it up to the user to decide if they want the ease of use of names and being careful to name things, or having to use uuid's and not.

Neutron also has the odd wrinkle in that if your a cloud admin, it always gives you all the resources back in a listing rather then just the current tenant with a flag saying all.

This means if you try to use the "default" security group for example, it may work as a user, and then fail as an admin on the same tenant. very annoying. :/

I've had to work around that in heat templates before.

Thanks,
Kevin