[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3][QA] DVR job failure rate and maintainability

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Tue Sep 15 16:12:28 UTC 2015

Sean,

Thank you for writing this.  It is clear that we have some work to do
and we need more attention on this.  We were able to get the job
voting a few months ago when the failure rates for all the jobs were
at a low point.  However, we never really addressed the fact that this
job has always had a little bit higher rate than its non-DVR
counter-part.  DVR is a supported feature now and we need to be behind
it.

I'm adding this to the agenda for the L3 meeting this Thursday [1].
Let's dedicate real talent and time to getting to the bottom of the
higher failure rate, driving the bugs out, and making the enhancements
needed to make this feature what it should be.

Carl

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam