[openstack-dev] [Cinder]Behavior when one cinder-volume service is down

D'Angelo, Scott scott.dangelo at hpe.com
Tue Sep 15 15:19:53 UTC 2015

I’m just not sure that you can evacuate with the c-vol service for those volume down. Not without the un-safe HA active-active hacks.
In our public cloud, if the c-vol service for a backend/volumes is down, we get woken up in the middle of the night and stay at it until we get c-vol back up. That’s the only way I know of getting access to those volumes that are associated with a c-vol service: get the service back up.