[openstack-dev] [oslo] Help with stable/juno branches / releases

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 15 15:04:22 UTC 2015

On 8/27/2015 10:22 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:12:43AM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure it *will* be EOL'd. OTOH thats 10 weeks of fixes folk
>> can get. I think you should do it if you've the stomach for it, and if
>> its going to help someone. I can aid by cutting library releases for
>> you I think (haven't checked stable releases yet, and I need to update
>> myself on the tooling changes in the last fortnight...).
>
> Okay I certainly have the stomach for it in some perverse way it's fun, as I'm
> learning about parts of the process / code base that are new to me :)
>
> My concerns were mostly around other peoples time (like the PTLs/cores I need
> to hassle and thems with the release power :))
>
> So I'll keep going on it.
>
> Right now there aren't any library releases to be done.
>
> Thanks Robert.
>
> Yours Tony.

This seems to have stalled.

For python-ceilometerclient (blocking Horizon), this is where we are at:

1. python-ceilometerclient needs g-r sync from stable/juno
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173126/ and then released as 1.0.15 per
bug 1494516.  However, that's failing tests due to:

2. oslo.utils needs a stable/juno branch created from the 1.4.0 tag so
we can sync g-r stable/juno to oslo.utils and then release that as 1.4.1.

--

We can work on the other libraries in Tony's original email when we get
one thing done.

Matt Riedemann