[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][release] final liberty cycle client library releases needed

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Sep 15 14:45:45 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Dmitry Tantsur's message of 2015-09-15 16:16:00 +0200:
> On 09/14/2015 04:18 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2015-09-14 08:46:02 -0400:
> >> PTLs and release liaisons,
> >>
> >> In order to keep the rest of our schedule for the end-of-cycle release
> >> tasks, we need to have final releases for all client libraries in the
> >> next day or two.
> >>
> >> If you have not already submitted your final release request for this
> >> cycle, please do that as soon as possible.
> >>
> >> If you *have* already submitted your final release request for this
> >> cycle, please reply to this email and let me know that you have so I can
> >> create your stable/liberty branch.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Doug
> >
> > I forgot to mention that we also need the constraints file in
> > global-requirements updated for all of the releases, so we're actually
> > testing with them in the gate. Please take a minute to check the version
> > specified in openstack/requirements/upper-constraints.txt for your
> > libraries and submit a patch to update it to the latest release if
> > necessary. I'll do a review later in the week, too, but it's easier to
> > identify the causes of test failures if we have one patch at a time.
>
> Hi Doug!
>
> When is the last and final deadline for doing all this for
> not-so-important and non-release:managed projects like ironic-inspector?
> We still lack some Liberty features covered in
> python-ironic-inspector-client. Do we have time until end of week to
> finish them?

We would like for the schedule to be the same for everyone. We need the
final versions for all libraries this week, so we can update
requirements constraints by early next week before the RC1.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Liberty_Release_Schedule

Doug