[openstack-dev] [glance] proposed priorities for Mitaka

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Tue Sep 15 13:13:50 UTC 2015

> After having some conversations with folks at the Ops Midcycle a
> few weeks ago, and observing some of the more recent email threads
> related to glance, glance-store, the client, and the API, I spent
> last week contacting a few of you individually to learn more about
> some of the issues confronting the Glance team. I had some very
> frank, but I think constructive, conversations with all of you about
> the issues as you see them. As promised, this is the public email
> thread to discuss what I found, and to see if we can agree on what
> the Glance team should be focusing on going into the Mitaka summit
> and development cycle and how the rest of the community can support
> you in those efforts.

Doug, thanks for reaching out here.

I've been looking into the existing task-based-upload that Doug mentions:
can anyone clarify the following?

On a default devstack install you can do this 'task' call:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/462919

as an alternative to the traditional image upload (the bytes are streamed
from the URL).

It's not clear to me if this is just an interesting example of the kind
of operator specific thing you can configure tasks to do, or a real
attempt to define an alternative way to upload images.

The change which added it [1] calls it a 'sample'.

Is it just an example, or is it a second 'official' upload path?

-Stuart

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/44355