[openstack-dev] [puppet] monasca,murano,mistral governance

Ivan Berezovskiy iberezovskiy at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 15 11:39:09 UTC 2015

Emilien,

puppet-murano module have a bunch of patches from Alexey Deryugin on review
[0], which implements most of all Murano deployment stuff.
Murano project was added to OpenStack namespace not so long ago, that's why
I suggest to have murano-core rights on puppet-murano as they are till all
these patches will be merged.
Anyway, murano-core team doesn't merge any patches without OpenStack Puppet
team approvals.

[0] -
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/puppet-murano+owner:%22Alexey+Deryugin+%253Caderyugin%2540mirantis.com%253E%22,n,z

> Emilien,
>
> I've discussed this with some of the Monasca puppet guys here who are
> doing most of the work. I think it probably makes sense to move to that
> model now, especially since the pace of development has slowed
> substantially. One blocker before to having it "big tent" was the lack of
> test coverage, so as long as we know that's a work in progress...  I'd also
> like to get Brad Kiein's thoughts on this, but he's out of town this week.
> I'll ask him to reply when he is back.
>

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a reminder, Puppet modules that are part of OpenStack are documented
>> here [1].
>>
>> I can see puppet-murano & puppet-mistral Gerrit permissions different
>> from other modules, because Mirantis helped to bootstrap the module a
>> few months ago.
>>
>> I think [2] the modules should be consistent in governance and only
>> Puppet OpenStack group should be able to merge patches for these modules.
>>
>> Same question for puppet-monasca: if Monasca team wants their module
>> under the big tent, I think they'll have to change Gerrit permissions to
>> only have Puppet OpenStack able to merge patches.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/puppet-openstack.html
>> [2] https://review.openstack.org/223313
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome,