[openstack-dev] [glance] The current state of glance v2 in public clouds

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Sep 15 11:32:17 UTC 2015

Hi!

In some of our other discussions, there have been musings such as
"people want to..." or "people are concerned about..." Those are vague
and unsubstantiated. Instead of "people" - I thought I'd enumerate
actual data that I have personally empirically gathered.

I currently have an account on 12 different public clouds:

Auro
CityCloud
Dreamhost
Elastx
EnterCloudSuite
HP
OVH
Rackspace
RunAbove
Ultimum
UnitedStack
Vexxhost

(if, btw, you have a public cloud that I did not list above, please poke
me and let's get me an account so that I can make sure you're
listed/supported in os-client-config and also so that I don't make
sweeping generalizations without you)

In case you care- those clouds cover US, Canada, Sweden, UK, France,
Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic and China.

Here's the rundown:

11 of the 12 clouds run Glance v2, 1 only have Glance v1
11 of the 12 clouds support image-create, 1 uses tasks
8 of the 12 support qcow2, 3 require raw, 1 requires vhd

Use this data as you will.

Monty

Monty