[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL Non-Candidacy

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 09:55:43 UTC 2015

> On 11 Sep 2015, at 23:12, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:
>
> I'm writing to let everyone know that I do not plan to run for Neutron PTL for a fourth cycle. Being a PTL is a rewarding but difficult job, as Morgan recently put it in his non-candidacy email [1]. But it goes further than that for me. As Flavio put it in his post about "Being a PTL" [2], it's a full time job. In the case of Neutron, it's more than a full time job, it's literally an always on job.
>
> I've tried really hard over my three cycles as PTL to build a stronger web of trust so the project can grow, and I feel that's been accomplished. We have a strong bench of future PTLs and leaders ready to go, I'm excited to watch them lead and help them in anyway I can.

Wow, it took me by surprise. :( I want you to know that your leadership for the last cycles was really game changing, and I am sure you should feel good leaving the position with such a live and bright and open community as it is now. Thanks a lot for what you did to the neutron island!

I am also very happy that you don’t step back from neutron, and maybe we’ll see you serve the position one more time in the future. ;)

However hard it is, for you set the bar too high, I believe this community will find someone to replace you in this role, and we’ll see no earthquakes and disasters.

See you in Tokyo! [You should give a talk about how to be an awesome PTL!]

Ihar