[openstack-dev] [oslo] PTL candidacy

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 00:45:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

It's been a great privilege to be the Oslo PTL for Liberty and getting to
know and learn a whole lot of things. I hope i have helped move the Oslo
project along its path in the process. Things we should be proud about
include the fact that oslo-incubator is almost empty. We have a whole bunch
of new libraries both general purpose outside of OpenStack and those who
are specific to openstack. We as a team, have greatly stabilized core
libraries like oslo.db and oslo.messaging etc as well. We have grown both
the oslo core team and the cores for individual oslo projects to inject new
blood into the project. Another aspect we really pushed hard is to make
sure we did a lot of testing before we released code to reduce the chances
of breaking projects as well as making sure that we stuck to a schedule of
releases every week to release things early.

For Mitaka, i would like to focus on Documentation. This has been a sore
spot for a while and folks have to end up reading code quickly when things
fail. I'd also like the team to finally get rid of the remnants in the
oslo-incubator and spearhead adoption of the oslo libraries in various
projects. Shadowing Doug in the previous cycle helped me along the way in
liberty, so i'd love to show and help hand over the duties to the next ptl
for the N release. Happy to do this even if there is a new PTL for the
Mitaka release. As mentioned in the oslo meeting today, it would be great
to have a VOTE and thanks for Joshua (and anyone else who may throw their
hat) for making it a race :) Looking forward to new oslo libraries, more
drivers for existing libraries and working together to make the OpenStack
ecosystem more vibrant and welcoming to everyone.

Thanks,
Dims