[openstack-dev] [sahara] hadoop-openstack.jar and proxy users

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 16:53:01 UTC 2015

hey all,

in doing some work recently with proxy users and hadoop deployments, i
am noticing that the modified version of the hadoop-openstack.jar we
package from the sahara-extras repo is not being used in our current images.

this jar file adds support for keystone v3 to the swift interface in
hadoop. v3 support is needed for proxy users and i'm guessing we are
going to want this included by default in the future.

what is the current process for bundling this jar file and which images
should it be included on?

i know that the vanilla 2.7.1 image does not contain this jar, i am
curious if we should re-address which hadoop/swift connector jar is
being included.

thoughts?

regards,
mike