[openstack-dev] [magnum] Is magnum db going to be removed for k8s resources?

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 08:38:23 UTC 2015

Thanks Jay for verifying.
I also think there is no need to store pods/services/rcs in local magnum db.

Always k8s can be referred for these resources.

-Vikas

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for starting this thread. Here just show some of my comments here.

The reason that Magnum want to get k8s resource via k8s API including two
reasons:
1) Native clients support
2) With current implantation, we cannot get pod for a replication
controller. The reason is that Magnum DB only persist replication
controller info in Magnum DB.

With the bp of objects-from-bay, the magnum will always call k8s API to get
all objects for pod/service/rc. Can you please show some of your concerns
for why do we need to persist those objects in Magnum DB? We may need to
sync up Magnum DB and k8s periodically if we persist two copies of objects.

Thanks!

<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=objects-from-bay>

>* Hi Team,
*>>* As per object-from-bay blueprint implementation [1], all calls to magnum db
*>* are being skipped for example pod.create() etc.
*>>* Are not we going to use magnum db at all for pods/services/rc ?
*>>>* Thanks
*>* Vikas Choudhary
*>>>* [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/213368/
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/213368/>
*>* OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
*>>