[openstack-dev] [docs][ptl] Docs PTL Candidacy

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Mon Sep 14 02:31:51 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am seeking re-election as Documentation PTL for Mitaka.

I had a great time as incoming PTL for Liberty, and would love another
term, if you'll have me.

Liberty was a great release for documentation. Our main achievement was
converting four more books to RST, with the Install Guide happening
almost completely over a 48 hour period. This has had some great
feedback from the community, with a lot of developers who haven't
contributed to documentation before now doing so. For Mitaka, I would
like to continue the RST conversion, with plans to migrate the
Operations and Architecture Guides next.

One of the things I wanted to focus on during the Liberty cycle was the
information architecture of our books, to ensure we're delivering
content that our readers can really use. To this end, I'm happy to
report that we completed an overhaul of the User Guides during the
Liberty Release,. We also made some significant changes to the
Installation Guide, including changing the way we document networking
scenarios, one of the trickiest parts of the installation.

Since the Kilo release in April, the documentation team has released
fixes for 493 bugs. We've also focused on squashing some old bugs.
Through a concerted effort we've managed to kill all bugs older than a
year (with a few wishlist exceptions), and closed a lot of the year old
ones. I've also been working with Foundation on an organised effort to
continue this process of paying down technical debt and improve on the
work we've done through Liberty. I'll be making some exciting
announcements about this at Summit.

I was very excited to meet so many of the documentation team in
Vancouver, and had the privilege of welcoming a couple of new Docs ATCs
during the Summit. I can't wait to see you all again in Tokyo, and hope
to meet some new faces there.

I'd love to have your support for the PTL role for Mitaka, and I'm
looking forward to continuing to grow the documentation team.

Thanks,
Lana (@Loquacities)

- --
Lana Brindley