[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]heavy time cost of event-list

liusheng liusheng1175 at 126.com
Mon Sep 14 02:09:29 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

With the master Ceilometer installed, and use mysql backend, the
event-list command met a heavy time cost.  if we have a bit large number
of events stored, it is easy to cause event list API request timeout,
the rally people told me that this issue has broken the
gate-rally-dsvm-rally job, see[1], there is a bug they reported to track
this[3]. As we konw, the admin roled uers can only query thire own
events(the project trait value can match the project id) and events
without project_id trait, this is implemented in event-rbac feature[2],
before this change, the job is OK. maybe we have mistake in sql query ?
I will dig more.

FYI, some testing infomation in my devstack environment:

root at szxbzci0007:/opt/stack/ceilometer# time ceilometer event-list |wc -l
109

real    0m51.780s
user    0m0.354s
sys    0m0.060s