[openstack-dev] questions about nova compute monitors extensions

Joe Cropper cropper.joe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 05:45:49 UTC 2015

The new framework does indeed support user-defined monitors.  You just extend whatever monitor’d like (e.g., nova.compute.monitors.cpu.virt_driver.Monitor) and add your customized logic.  And since the new framework uses stevedore-based extension points, you just need to be sure to add the appropriate entry to your project’s setup.py file (or entry_points.txt in your egg) so that stevedore can load them properly.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Joe