[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL Non-Candidacy

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 09:17:47 UTC 2015

Kyle,

Thank you for all the great time as PTL, you set a high bar for the next
person.
I think the Neutron community was lucky to have you in this position, your
devotion and passion
to OpenStackt, to Neutron and to Open source is inspiring and one of the
reasons i love this community.
In my eyes and i am sure others will agree you were always available and
ready to help to experienced
and new comers alike, your finger prints are hopefully going to remain in
this community
for a long time.

I personally think this deserve a drinking party in Tokyo...  Salvatore?

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 6:04 AM, Ichihara Hirofumi <
ichihara.hirofumi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stunned by the news. Neutron team doesn't lose great PTL but I know
> your hard work. Your devotion made Neutron grow more. Enjoy your new
> found free time
>
> Hirofumi

>> I'm writing to let everyone know that I do not plan to run for Neutron
>> PTL for a fourth cycle. Being a PTL is a rewarding but difficult job, as
>> Morgan recently put it in his non-candidacy email [1]. But it goes further
>> than that for me. As Flavio put it in his post about "Being a PTL" [2],
>> it's a full time job. In the case of Neutron, it's more than a full time
>> job, it's literally an always on job.
>>
>> I've tried really hard over my three cycles as PTL to build a stronger
>> web of trust so the project can grow, and I feel that's been accomplished.
>> We have a strong bench of future PTLs and leaders ready to go, I'm excited
>> to watch them lead and help them in anyway I can.
>>
>> As was said by Zane in a recent email [3], while Heat may have pioneered
>> the concept of rotating PTL duties with each cycle, I'd like to highly
>> encourage Neutron and other projects to do the same. Having a deep bench of
>> leaders supporting each other is important for the future of all projects.
>>
>> See you all in Tokyo!
>> Kyle
>>
>> [1]
>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/074157.html